how to see defaults on cr

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
dennis
by dennis » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:06 pm
I have credit reports with equifax via clearscore and experian report via experian but none show defaults clear score just says about not getting any more iva's how do i see all my defaults do I have to pay the monthly fee. asking as I am hoping my iva completes next month .
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 pm
On Clearscore, for instance, log on ... go to "Report" then "Accounts" ... each account when you click on it will give you a history -- there should be a default date there. Noddle have "Accounts" and "Closed Accounts" ... defaults will be listed in both.

The best report to get is the Statutory Report for which you pay a couple of quid --- joining anything and paying a subscription is a waste of money.

Have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record and also read up on each Credit Reference Agencies website -- they all have useful FAQ sections and details of how to understand the report.
dennis
by dennis » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:55 pm
Foggy wrote:
On Clearscore, for instance, log on ... go to "Report" then "Accounts" ... each account when you click on it will give you a history -- there should be a default date there. Noddle have "Accounts" and "Closed Accounts" ... defaults will be listed in both.

The best report to get is the Statutory Report for which you pay a couple of quid --- joining anything and paying a subscription is a waste of money.

Have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record and also read up on each Credit Reference Agencies website -- they all have useful FAQ sections and details of how to understand the report.

hi foggy
thanks for your reply i have done what you said on the clearscore account none say default only missed payment and only 2 out of my 10 creditors are on there .
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:02 am
dennis wrote:
Foggy wrote:

hi foggy
thanks for your reply i have done what you said on the clearscore account none say default only missed payment and only 2 out of my 10 creditors are on there .

Not all creditors report to all of the agencies, some will be on one, some on another. You have to get the accounts shown as defaulted, as mentioned in the article I linked to. It is worth spending a few quid getting statutory reports from all three to work on.
dennis
by dennis » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:06 am
Foggy wrote:
dennis wrote:
Foggy wrote:

hi foggy

Not all creditors report to all of the agencies, some will be on one, some on another. You have to get the accounts shown as defaulted, as mentioned in the article I linked to. It is worth spending a few quid getting statutory reports from all three to work on.

Hi Foggy
i have today received my statutory report from all 3 credit agencies and all 3 only show 2 creditors which are in default my other 8 creditors are not on my report at all how can i find out if i have other defaults ?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:20 am
If these 8 are not on any of the reports at all then none of them, unusually, seem to be reporting anything, so they should present no ongoing problems. But be aware that they could appear so keep checking Clearscore and Noddle online regularly.
dennis
by dennis » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:36 am
Foggy wrote:
If these 8 are not on any of the reports at all then none of them, unusually, seem to be reporting anything, so they should present no ongoing problems. But be aware that they could appear so keep checking Clearscore and Noddle online regularly.

Thanks Foggy
i know that the original debts have been sold on to debt collecting agencies will this make a difference to the defaults .1 max recovery for 4 of the debts 2 debts to Lowell.of which none of these companies show on my credit report.will this affect my default start date :?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:42 pm
Your defaults should drop off after six years. Your IP company will inform Credit Agencies and the Insolvency Register once you have your completion letter. Doesn't matter about debts being sold on.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:43 pm
Hi Dennis,

Have you moved address since the IVA began? To obtain a true full report you need to provide a full 6 year address history.

Regards
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:46 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Your defaults should drop off after six years. Your IP company will inform Credit Agencies and the Insolvency Register once you have your completion letter. Doesn't matter about debts being sold on.

That's a good point Dennis. Sorry if you have mentioned this elsewhere -- but when did your IVA actually start ?
dennis
by dennis » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:37 pm
Ryan wrote:
Hi Dennis,

Have you moved address since the IVA began? To obtain a true full report you need to provide a full 6 year address history.

Regards

Hi Ryan
yes I have changed address since iva started which I have input into each credit agency it shows up my mortgage from my old address .
dennis
by dennis » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:41 pm
Foggy wrote:
kallis3 wrote:

That's a good point Dennis. Sorry if you have mentioned this elsewhere -- but when did your IVA actually start ?

I started my iva December 2012
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:08 pm
You should start to see things drop off once you have your completion.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”