How will IVA affect my utility bill?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
lorraine751
by lorraine751 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:57 pm
I am looking into going into an IVA agreement what I would like to know is how will this affect my utility bill will I have to pay as you go and will I not be allowed to go on a contract with my existing phone company?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:17 pm
If you are paying monthly for utilities and your mobile, as long as you continue to keep up with your payments you should be fine.
lorraine751
by lorraine751 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:24 pm
kallis3 wrote:
If you are paying monthly for utilities and your mobile, as long as you continue to keep up with your payments you should be fine.

Hi Kallis, The of taking out IVA is to continue paying our utility bills car insurance and mobile contract phones, and have an agreement on all our HP bills.I am just worried if we try to get credit on our car insurance and mobile phones water and electricity suppliers they might refuse us because we in an IVA agreement.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:47 pm
I had no issues with mobile, water, gas, lekkie, car or home insurance while in my IVA. I also don't know anyone who did have.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:48 pm
Utilities should just continue as before, as long as you make the regular payments. Same with phone, I had no issues with Vodafone and was allowed to upgrade as well. Most car insurance on installments is OK but a few firms will refuse -- it is trial and error. I was with Direct Line all through my IVA with no issues, paying monthly.
lorraine751
by lorraine751 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:47 am
Thanks for all the positive feedback . Finale question. Will consumers give me any credit after completing an IVA
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:22 pm
lorraine751 wrote:
Thanks for all the positive feedback . Finale question. Will consumers give me any credit after completing an IVA

The IVA will stay on your credit files for 6 years from the start date. After that you will have a completely clear credit report and will be ble to apply for credit again -- though you will probably find that you don't want to! I have been oput of my IVA for 4 years now and still don't have any credit -- I do have a couple of credit cards for emergencies, but they have zero balances and, when I do use them I pay them off in full before getting hit for any interest. Have to say, on the few times I have used them I have felt very nervous about doing so!
lorraine751
by lorraine751 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:27 pm
Foggy wrote:
lorraine751 wrote:

The IVA will stay on your credit files for 6 years from the start date. After that you will have a completely clear credit report and will be ble to apply for credit again -- though you will probably find that you don't want to! I have been oput of my IVA for 4 years now and still don't have any credit -- I do have a couple of credit cards for emergencies, but they have zero balances and, when I do use them I pay them off in full before getting hit for any interest. Have to say, on the few times I have used them I have felt very nervous about doing so!

Thanks what my husband says he thinks it will put us off from making any more credit.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:22 pm
You do start to think like the generations before us : "If you haven't got the cash, you can't have it!"
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”