Huge hole of debt

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
sally248
by sally248 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:11 am
we need help in a huge hole of debt and struggling to manage
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:49 am
Hi Sally. I suggest you give a few Insolvency Firms a direct call to discuss the whole picture --- there are a couple who post on here as well as the forum sponsors.
Keith White
Industry Expert
by Keith White » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:28 am
Hi - what is important is that you understand all your options to sort out the debt and the pros and cons of each. Then you are better informed to make a decision that is best for you. There are definitely solutions out there.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:40 am
Hi Sally, I remember that feeling! Doing something about it is actually easier than you may think. First, have a read of the forum to gauge the responses to different firms, there are many and some are far better than most. The smaller, medium size firms can give a better personal service, but not all are the same. I was with a small firm that was sold to Grant Thornton, who bought quite a few other small firms during the term of my IVA, then evolved into Aperture. There were some scary stories about GT and I was dreading the future with them. Seems I had the diamond end of the stick as they were fantastic and I had no issues with them or communication with them.
Ask questions on here, there are no silly questions and you will not be judged on your situation, we are here because we have been in that boat.
Good luck with finding a solution to your problem, the answers are here somewhere.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:29 pm
Hi - we can't give you any advice without knowing your full financial picture.

My 60 second video might give you a starting place:

https://youtu.be/TgalT1vhn6M
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:31 pm
Please speak to several companies for advice before making a decision.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:38 pm
Why not have a talk to one or more of the experts on this forum, you can see their details on the top left under 'IVA Experts'. They will be able to talk to you about your options. I'm sure there will be a solution for you no matter how hopeless it seems.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:24 am
Shaun Vickery wrote:
Why not have a talk to one or more of the experts on this forum, you can see their details on the top left under 'IVA Experts'. They will be able to talk to you about your options. I'm sure there will be a solution for you no matter how hopeless it seems.

There appear to be several experts listed who have not posted on the site for a long time, years in some cases - I wonder if Admin should update this section...?
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:13 pm
I agree Lisa, the active ones and site sponsors would be the ones I would personally choose, I just believe that forum etiquette prevents me from recommending any particular one!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:28 pm
As I recall, on the old site, experts used to "drop off" automatically after a period of inactivity. Although this might well be a figment of my fevered imagination! I have mentioned this to admin.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:50 pm
I think it was after 28 days of non posting that they dropped off.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”