I am considering an iva but presently have a car

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

carlibeth

Post by carlibeth » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:39 am
I am considering an iva but presently have a car on pcp plan ,i think i can manage this outside the iva and need my car for work not just travelling to and from work there is still 3 years to run is it likely the finance company will take car off me if they know i am on an iva even if all payments up to date ? this is all thats holding me back at present ,thanks

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:41 am
Hi there and welcome to the forum. Other posters have cars on HP (not sure what PCP Plan is sorry).

I would advise you to take the advice of 2 or 3 companies, a list of companies can be found at www.iva.com you will received free, impartial advice, which will be case specific.

One of our professionals should be able to advise about the car if you hang around I'm sure someone will be along very soon.

All the best. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

carlibeth

Post by carlibeth » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:51 am
lesley_ wrote:

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Other posters have cars on HP (not sure what PCP Plan is sorry).

I would advise you to take the advice of 2 or 3 companies, a list of companies can be found at www.iva.com you will received free, impartial advice, which will be case specific.

One of our professionals should be able to advise about the car if you hang around I'm sure someone will be along very soon.

All the best. x

carlibeth

Post by carlibeth » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:52 am
hi thanks pcp is similar to hp .I am new to this ,cheers x

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:08 am
There will be a way around it I'm sure, once you've spoken to a couple of companies all of it will become clear. It will be free advice so worth taking in my opinion. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:04 pm
PCP agreements are the same as HP agreements and you should be able to pay this outside of the IVA to secure your much needed car. This can be confirmed to you once you have decided to approach an insolvency practitioner for advice.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”