I am in an IVA and just been awarded PIP after a year long battle

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
jacq282
by jacq282 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:58 am
I have just been awarded PIP enhanced rate after a year long battle and due to get approx 6k backfall in money , I’m in an IVA and just wondering how it will affect me , this money I get will be used to pay for carers and nursery for my little boy , the company I’m with is Harrington Brooks , do the class PIP as an income
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:25 am
It will be classed as income but you should be able to offset this against your little boys needs. Not sure about the back pay though.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:53 am
I echo Kallis -- going forward the PIP should be offset against the expenditure it is designed to cover. However, th back pay might well be treated as a windfall and only your own IP can say which way they are likely to go.
Radish
by Radish » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:59 pm
Did you get the PPI awarded straight to you i.e a Cheque, or paid into your personal account? Sometimes I know they actually pay PPI straight into the pot (if they are one of your current creditors) - you don't actually receive it. If it goes this route, then you may have a fight on your hands getting any of it back. :?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:07 pm
Radish wrote:
Did you get the PPI awarded straight to you i.e a Cheque, or paid into your personal account? Sometimes I know they actually pay PPI straight into the pot (if they are one of your current creditors) - you don't actually receive it. If it goes this route, then you may have a fight on your hands getting any of it back. :?

Hi Radish. The OP has been awarded PIP -- not PPI (gets me everytime too ! ).
Radish
by Radish » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:47 pm
Ha ha Sorry (should have read it properly) Just like to say good luck with this Jacq282

Thanks Foggy :D
jacq282
by jacq282 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:32 pm
Thank you everyone , just thinking could I pay it into my mums account who is debt free and it wouldn’t affect my payment plan ?
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”