I am thinking of moving in with my boyfriend

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Claire.ic

Post by Claire.ic » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:00 pm
I am thinking of moving in with my boyfriend and paying him rent towards the mortgage and bills, as my current rent and bills are going up to more I can afford. Will the IVA Company want details of his earnings, as the debt has nothing to do with him.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:01 pm
Hi and welcome.

I think they will just want to make sure that you are paying your fair share towards the bills.

Speak to your IP and see what they say.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:46 pm
Your IP has no right to demand to see his earnings and if you are paying a reasonable rent this should be enough.A letter from him confirmimg the costs should help.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:32 pm
Michael Peoples wrote:

Your IP has no right to demand to see his earnings and if you are paying a reasonable rent this should be enough.A letter from him confirmimg the costs should help.
I'm glad to hear that, I do get the sense some firms can be too intrusive and it makes me wonder if they have ever heard of a right to privacy lol.
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:27 am
Treat yourselves as flatmates - your personal relationship with this person is not the business of your creditors.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”