I am very worried I have been scammed

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
WorriedMan
by WorriedMan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:24 am
I was recently approved for an IVA with Hanover Insolvency and have been paying £211 a month since March.
However, I have been contacted by Barclaycard this week and they say they have received no IVA paperwork whatsoever. I cannot call Hanover til Monday (office hours) and am very worried I am part of a scam.
I have checked and am on the IVA register but still have great fears regarding the IVA and no longer know who to turn to. Can you tell me what my next step should be?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:47 am
WorriedMan wrote:
I was recently approved for an IVA with Hanover Insolvency and have been paying £211 a month since March.
However, I have been contacted by Barclaycard this week and they say they have received no IVA paperwork whatsoever. I cannot call Hanover til Monday (office hours) and am very worried I am part of a scam.
I have checked and am on the IVA register but still have great fears regarding the IVA and no longer know who to turn to. Can you tell me what my next step should be?

If you are on the Register the IVA is a genuine one. Have a look in your proposal .... were Barclaycard listed as a creditor ? Then have a look at the Chairman's Report of the creditors meeting ..... did Barclaycard vote ? (They might have used someone like Tix or Max Recovery to vote on their behalf, so it might not be obvious. There might be a mix up -- but it is not a scam.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:22 pm
Agree - it is not a scam. Speak to Hanover on Monday and also contact Barclays with a copy of your acceptance report.
WorriedMan
by WorriedMan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:30 pm
Thanks guys, that's at least put my mind at rest.
I shall speak to Hanover on Monday and see where I go from there.. much appreciated.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:24 pm
It may well be that the info hasn't been passed down the chain - it does sometimes take a while.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”