I completed my IVA in July 2017, would the property restriction be lifted ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
emma849
by emma849 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:41 pm
I completed my IVA in July 2017 and got written confirmation, however I didn't get a completion certificate. From what I can see the company (Debt Free Direct) are no longer trading. I have now sold my property, would the restriction be lifted now?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:01 pm
The restriction (if, indeed it was lodged in the first place) will not be lifted until the completion certificate is issued by Aperture, who have taken over DFD's cases. What stage are you at with the house sale ? I would be surprised if you had completed with a restriction in place. There is also the possibility that the equity could be sucked into your IVA as, until you get a completion certificate, you are still in the IVA.
emma849
by emma849 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:02 am
I have just received an offer on the house. I paid the outstanding balance on my IVA in July, I got no acknowledgement of the payment or correspondence as to what happens next. In August I emailed Debt Free and they confirmed receipt of the funs for 'full and final settlement' and stated my certificate will issued in due course. I still haven't received anything.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:29 am
If you accept the offer the legal work will begin and the charge will be revealed, assuming, again, it was ever lodged. At this point the conveyancing will stop until the charge is removed or the conveyancer gets a professional undertaking from the IP.

Speak to Aperture -- details in the link below and see if there is anything they can do to speed up your case.

https://apertureiva.com/dfd/
emma849
by emma849 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:39 am
I will do, many thanks for your reply
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”