I completed my IVA over 2 years ago and about to sell my home.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Stephanie.g
by Stephanie.g » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:24 am
I completed my Iva over 2 years ago and am about to sell my home, will the IP’s interest in my home which was registered with the land registry still appear in any search’s the solicitors do? Thanks in advance
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:27 am
It should have been removed as part of the iva closure process and issue of your completion certificate. However if it is still showing your iva company will need to act to have it removed for you.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:44 am
It should be fine but you can check land registry yourself for a small fee.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:00 am
Agree with the above -- you can, as Kallis says, do an online search ( make sure to use the official .GOV site -- there are a few that try to look official and charge you over the odds) for a few quid. If the restriction is still there, you will, as Luluj suggests, have to get your former IP to remove it.
Stephanie.g
by Stephanie.g » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:10 pm
As predicted Credit Fix have not removed the restriction!! Got to wait for them to do it now
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:12 pm
They should be able to get the RX4 our to LR right away, then it is a matter of LR processing time ( which can be unpredictable).
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:12 am
You could get confirmation from CF that the restriction should have been removed and this may help to move the sale forwards. However if the property has not been agreed for sale yet then it would likely be better to just wait. It does not take long once the RX4 is submitted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”