I currently live in Australia, can I apply for iva for my uk debt?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
Posts: 1
by sam597 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:31 am
I currently live in Australia and came in August 2014.
I currently have debt that is drowning me in the UK. My husband also has debt and has been in Australia since April 2014. We are simply in a position that we are now defaulting on payments as our salaries are not covering the outgoings. I am trying to find more work to bridge the gap, but this hasn't been easy. Are we able to apply for an IVA? I want to find a solution and honour what I owe.
User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 72233
by kallis3 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:56 am

You will have to do it very quickly as it has to be within 3 years of you leaving the UK.
User avatar
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Posts: 15189
by Michael Peoples » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:00 am
Kallis 3 is right but you should also look at the Australian insolvency laws if you have no intention of returning to the UK.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests