I entered into a 7 year IVA, how long will it show on my credit file?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Fiona.42
by Fiona.42 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:23 pm
I entered into a 7 year IVA, I know that in most cases it is removed from your credit files 6 years from when the IVA started, will it be an additional year in my case?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:26 pm
It will stay on credit files until just after it is removed from the Insolvency Register, which will be three months after the issue of the completion certificate ( which in itself is about 3 months after the last payment ).
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:30 pm
As Foggy says, it is different to other information such as County Court Judgements (CCJ's), defaults and other similar records.
Fiona.42
by Fiona.42 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:36 pm
When will it be removed from Insolvency Register? Is that 12 months from my last payment or when I get my completion certificate?
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:40 pm
I believe it's normally around 3 months after your completion certificate, but I'm sure one of the other experts will be able to confirm.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:51 pm
As I said .... you come off the Register three months after the completion certificate is issued.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:37 am
as Foggy has said - you will come off the register within 3 months after receiving your CC. Keep the pressure on your IP to issue the CC quickly.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”