I FINISHED MY IVA IN 2012 AND NOW DEBTS HAVE RE-APPEARED

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
debbie360
by debbie360 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:36 pm
I FINISHED MY IVA IN 2012 I HAVE RECENTLY HAD POST FROM OLD DEBTS THAT WHERE COVERED BY MY IVA SAYING THAT I STILL OWE THEM MONEY. THEY HAVE SENT THE DEBTS TO A DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY NOW AND I AM WORRIED SICK. WHAT CAN I DO?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:14 pm
Don't worry - they can do nothing. If you have your completion letter you can send them a copy of that and also see if you can contact your old IP for help.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:18 pm
As Kallis says -- they cannot enforce collection. This could be a case of the computer anticipating statute barring (and no-one has told computer about the IVA), or the debts could have been sold to a collection firm who have no idea that they have purchased debts the subject of an IVA --- but that is their problem and their loss!
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:27 pm
As has been said try not to worry too much as this does happen from time to time unfortunately. Computers have a lot to answer for! Good advice from Kallis on the best course of action.

All the best with it.

Regards
debbie360
by debbie360 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:33 am
My IVA finished in 2012, I had a letter from the company confirming this and that certificates where sent out. Last month I had old debters contacting me for money saying that on their system it says my IVS failed in 2013. How can this be the case if it was finished in 2012, and why now 6 years later am I being chased for old debts.? Worried sick about it!
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:35 am
Did you finish your IVA successfully and receive a Completion Certificate or did it terminate/fail?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:54 am
Topics merged
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:31 am
Thanks Foggy. I wonder if the creditors have a case of mistaken identify and mixed two debtors up...
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”