I got my completion certificat

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
rebecca908
by rebecca908 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:39 am
I got my completion certificate from my IVA in August 2016, do i need to declare me being in a IVA when i try and get a mortgage? If my credit score is good and only goes back 6 years then how can the underwriters find this out?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed May 09, 2018 6:55 am
rebecca908 wrote:
I got my completion certificate from my IVA in August 2016, do i need to declare me being in a IVA when i try and get a mortgage? If my credit score is good and only goes back 6 years then how can the underwriters find this out?

It depends on how they phrase the question, if they ask it. "Have you EVER ....? " --- Yes. "Have you been in ... during the last 6 years ... ?" --- Yes. "Have you ENTERED ...... in the last 6 years ... ?" --- No

Many institutuions have archived records. To lie is fraud. To get found out can have consequences.

I would suggest going to a broker with experience of adverse credit applications, such as Ryan or Shaun, who both post here regularly.
rebecca908
by rebecca908 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:22 am
Foggy wrote:
rebecca908 wrote:

It depends on how they phrase the question, if they ask it. "Have you EVER ....? " --- Yes. "Have you been in ... during the last 6 years ... ?" --- Yes. "Have you ENTERED ...... in the last 6 years ... ?" --- No

Many institutuions have archived records. To lie is fraud. To get found out can have consequences.

I would suggest going to a broker with experience of adverse credit applications, such as Ryan or Shaun, who both post here regularly.

Thank you for your response. Do you know how I can contact Ryan or Shaun? I am new to the forum and I can't find a way to contact them.
Thanks
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Wed May 09, 2018 7:31 am
Hi Rebecca,

We'd be happy to assist you if you were to contact us.

Regards
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Wed May 09, 2018 8:01 am
As previous posters have said, it depends entirely on the lender concerned and the specific questions they ask. I'd most definitely not encourage you to lie on an application but hopefully you won't need to. Bear in mind of course that the IVA is only one of the things lenders consider when assessing your application.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”