I have applied for a new job

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Amy.j
by Amy.j » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:46 pm
I have applied for a new job in an administration role at a car rental company and have offered the role (recieved my starter pack). I recieved a online profile application today which requires them to do a DBS check and soft credit search, during the questions I put that I was in an iva which starsted in May 2016 and ended October 2017 but I am so worried I am going to lose my chance for the job because of this. Has anyone had any experience?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:45 pm
IVA will not appear on a DBS check and a soft search credit check is, I believe, for ID only. In any event, they know about the IVA, so I don't see an issue. Good luck with the new job.
Amy.j
by Amy.j » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:07 pm
Foggy wrote:
IVA will not appear on a DBS check and a soft search credit check is, I believe, for ID only. In any event, they know about the IVA, so I don't see an issue. Good luck with the new job.

Hi Foggy, thanks for relying. It asked me on the profile application if I was ever made bankrupt, had any CCJs, been involved in an IVA or any country court judgements. I was open and honest and wrote my completion date. I also emailed the recruitment manager who is in charge I believe informing him details and I wrote at the end ‘I just wanted to be sure this won't cause any problems with my job offer?‘. I am now worrried I may have declared to my information. The third company doing the checks said they would see a full report of the checks anyway...
Amy.j
by Amy.j » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:08 pm
Foggy wrote:

I mean I am now worried I may have declared too much information to a new job!*
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:53 am
Amy.j wrote:
Foggy wrote:

I mean I am now worried I may have declared too much information to a new job!*

They asked the question and you told the truth -- that is all that you can do.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:34 am
I wouldn't worry too much, the specific question was asked and you answered it honestly. Questions like this are common place and normally do not have a bearing on much if they are seen as finalised and closed without issue.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”