I have applied to open a joint current bank account and it has been rejected.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
21 posts Page 2 of 2
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 am
I would go into your branch and ask why. Sometimes helps to speak to a human being!

I don't think they were asking for credit Lisa - just a joint bank account
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:37 pm
Thanks Kallis - ignore the last line of my post!
krys826
by krys826 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:37 am
Hi Lisa

Thanks for your response and yes it is the register I checked and there is nothing logged against my maiden or married name. As for applying for credit...I'm not, I merely wish to open a joint bank account with my husband - we did not even ask for an overdraft. I have sent copies of my credit reports to the co op to appeal their decision and I am awaiting to hear their decision. I cannot put right what I cannot see is visibly wrong. If the banks decision does not go in my favour, I am not sure what to do, as I cannot ask for anything to be removed off my file, if there is nothing to remove.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:00 am
I would go into a branch and speak to a real person who can usually override the computer.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:43 am
Lisa,

If the IVA was in your maiden name did you provide both that and your married name when you checked all 3 credit reports? That's the only other thing that I can think from a credit issue but as has been said it may just be their criteria - hopefully not though.
krys826
by krys826 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:14 pm
The credit reports link both my maiden and married names - which is visible of all the credit reports, so there is no doubt that everything is in order. All the reports show my mortgage and bank account status which have not changed since getting married. I even checked the insolvency register in both my maiden and married name and this came back clear also.
21 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”