I Have been asked to provide.copies of my partners pay slips.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
claire322
by claire322 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:06 pm
I am considering an IVA but have been asked to provide copies of my partners pay slips. Is this normal? The IVA will be soely in my name. I don't want this to impact him at all.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:45 am
If you are working with Payplan they could well take his income into your payments, as they work on household income regardless of who is in the IVA or not.

However, the majority of firms only need spouse's income details to work out their fair share of the household expenses. If they refuse to give these details ( which they are entitled to do) a 50/50 split will be assumed.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:59 am
Your partner does not need to provide proof of their income so I suggest you try a different firm. Some companies will try and take his money to pay your creditors which is wrong.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:32 pm
I agree with Micheal, do not submit your partners pay slips. The IVA company have no power to force him to submit them, if they try scare tactics then as Michael says, go elsewhere.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:58 pm
Definitely look around before making a decision.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:07 pm
I would say -- as long as you are with a firm that does not expect the solvent spouse to contribute to the IVA --- sometimes this works in your favour .... if the solvent spouse earns a lot less, your share of expenses is going to be more and, therefore, your IVA payment a little lower.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”