I have heard nothing back from Creditfix about my initial creditors meeting

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
dave831
by dave831 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:24 am
So i signed up for an IVA sometime in February, my initial creditors meeting date was set for 05/03/2018, it was later postponed to 14/03/2018. I'm aware they're allowed to postpone by up to 14 days (would mark today) but creditfix didn't notify me of the adjournment until the 13th, a day before the secondary creditors meeting and i was told i'd hear a response 72 hours after that date as it appears it isn't being postponed again. It's now the 19th and i've still heard nothing. Besides from the single late email regarding the first adjournment, i've heard nothing since i signed for the IVA. Is this normal?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:45 am
It is not generally normal across the industry and is extremely bad customer service. However, it is the norm for CF, who do not do "communication" very well at all ! You need to be on their backs I am afraid.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:56 am
They have to send the Chair's report within 4 days of the meeting, so you and the creditors should have had written notification of the adjournment and then the Chairs report of the adjourned meeting by now...

That's what they have to do formally. As good service however they should have been picking up the phone and keeping you informed all along...

This does not bode well for the rest of the term (if the IVA is approved).
dave831
by dave831 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:22 am
I've just been in contact on the live chat to see what i could fine and this is the reply i got

I asked if my IVA has reached the maximum number of potential adjournment days

The Response : 'Yes however the case last case note from the creditor meeting team was yesterday stating a they couldn't load a vote and are having to retry this, as soon as we have an update to the meeting a member of our New Horizon Team will contact you.'

I'm not entirely sure what that means
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:13 am
It sounds like they didn't get the votes in time due to a technical issue but are trying to obtain it (late).
dave831
by dave831 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:35 am
So, i've just received my creditors report. Took some time but they finally got there. Now i'm looking over it and it appears they've missed 4 creditors off the list. The 4 creditors would surpass the 15% of additional debt that can be added to the IVA. I completely regret going with creditfix, i'm reluctant to sign this IVA because i don't want to deal with creditors outside of the IVA which seems like a potential consequence of signing this without all the creditors noted.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:57 am
Which list are they missing from? Is it the Chairs report you are looking at? If so this should only list the creditors that voted....

You say you're reluctant to sign the IVA but from reading the earlier post, you are already now in one?
dave831
by dave831 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:16 pm
Honestly i'm not sure, i'm being asked to sign the modifications i assume? It has a section in the chairmans report that says 'creditors included in your arrangement' which is where certain creditors are missing, i thought they would all be listed there?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:33 pm
I would check with CF ( a laborious process I know) before accepting any modifications and get something in writing stating these creditors are included ( I assume you listed them with the others when initially speaking to CF ).
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:04 pm
You mustn't assume - you need to ensure you understand what you are being asked to sign which means you need to speak to your IP firm.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”