I have made a complaint to the supervisor of my iva

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
ann238
by ann238 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:47 pm
Hi
I have made a complaint to the supervisor of my iva. They submitted a document showing I was working and my payslips. I had already told them I had resigned and was out of work. I was told they couldn't proceed with meeting of creditors because of this but they continued to do so. This was false information given to the creditors. I want to cancel as I now have job but they are saying I can't even though they lied to creditors in first place. I'm so distressed.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:45 am
You can allow the IVA to fail simply by not making three payments -- however, this will still leave the arrangement showing on your credit files for 6 years. Which firm are you dealing with and have you kept copies of the correspondence ?
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:17 am
The IVA should not have been registered without your consent and you would have had to approve whatever happened at the meeting of creditors. If you can show that you wanted the proposal withdrawn and the IP went ahead anyway you should complain to the regulators and see if they can deal with this.
ann238
by ann238 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:38 pm
Michael Peoples wrote:
The IVA should not have been registered without your consent and you would have had to approve whatever happened at the meeting of creditors. If you can show that you wanted the proposal withdrawn and the IP went ahead anyway you should complain to the regulators and see if they can deal with this.

Thank you. They informed my creditors I was working and I wasn't, they told lies in order to put this IVA in place
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:12 pm
Who are you with?
ann238
by ann238 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:18 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Who are you with?

I'd rather not say thanks
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:39 pm
Getting the IVA approved is one thing but then registering it after you requested it to be withdrawn is another. You should speak with the IP directly first and give them a chance to rectify this and show them the evidence of what you have been saying. Hopefully the IP can sort this out without needing any further complaints.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”