i have many debts one of which is lloyds tsb card

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

jim.sp

Post by jim.sp » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:49 am
i have many debts one of which is a lloyds tsb card i have not used this card for over 6 years and until recently was paying £6 per month for a debt of over £4000 this was supposed to last for a short time but lasted 5 years then i was told to pay the full amount after negotiating it was £20 but im struggling to pay i complained and they said they would pass me to CDR do i still have to pay

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:37 am
Hi and welcome.

I am presuming that you now have to pay £20 a month towards the debt? If so then you will have to keep on paying it until the debt is finished. The £6 a month wouldn't have made much of a dent in it, even assuming they froze interest.

If you are struggling to pay your debts I suggest that you seek some professional help. Visit www.iva.com for a list of companies and reviews. Give one or two a ring and you will receive free and impartial advice as to all the options open to you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:39 am
Hi and welcome
Yes you will still be liable for this debt.
Are you in arrangements or behind with your other debts ? If so it may be worth chatting to a few companies/experts about all the options open to you
Regards
Andam Davies

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:59 am
How much do you actually owe your creditors in total Jim? And how are you managing to make all the payments at present?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”