I have questions to help

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Sterling94
by Sterling94 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:31 am
Hi
Our interlocking IVA was approved on 23rd May :D
All our credit accounts are still showing as open with the current balance. Interest still being charged and late payment charges being applied. We have recieved default notices on all accounts and they are now 2 months in arrears.
How long does it take for the IVA to appear on our files and the accounts close?
Or do they stay open with the charges still accruing?
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:15 am
It took a few months on mine. Application process started this time last year, approved by November, it was probably March before everything settled and the defaults stopped as all creditors were aware. I think First Direct were the last. Some of my accounts have been passed on to debt recovery companies.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:26 am
Creditors treat defaulted accounts in various ways .. none of which mean anything to you. Some will show open, some not, some will have accruing interest and strange balances --- it means very little and is down to their own internal systems.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:12 pm
Basically - nothing for you to worry about. You are protected and they cannot add charges or interest. Pass these on to your IP and ask them to deal with it.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”