I have the threat of court action soon

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Darren.uk

Post by Darren.uk » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:42 pm
Hi there.
Please can you help and point me in the right direction? I have the threat of court action soon if i dont pay my debts, im one of those that hope it goes away but now i really need to sort myself out! Whats the best way and how do i go about doing it?

St75

Post by St75 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:45 pm
Hi Darren

Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place for support, but you should also speak to a few IPs.

They will give you free impartial advice, and go over your options with you.

Two creditors took me to court and obtained CCJs, but I was being helped by an IP and I have my IVA accepted last week, which I believe supersedes the CCJs, so a threat of court action is not the end of the world.

How much are your debts, and do you have any disposable income?
regards
st75

Started lump sum IVA in Aug 2010 - received certificate of completion April 2011, thanks to Melanie & team

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:35 am
Living under the threat of never knowing what is going to pop into the letterbox next can be extremely stressful and unecessary when help is readily at hand.

I suggest that you contact an insolvency practitioner for advice about the options which are available to you, so that you can decide whether with some restructuring your debts become affordable again, or whether you need to resort to more drastic measures.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:48 am
Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Mel that you need to speak to someone. Visit www.iva.com for a list of companies and reviews. Give one or two a ring and you will receive free and impartial advice as to all the options open to you.

If you have the threat of court hanging over you, I suggest that you speak to someone soon. There will be a solution out there for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”