I’m just starting a IVA with Creditfix. Read reviews, so scared now.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
mandy180
by mandy180 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:46 am
Hi I’m just starting a Iva with Creditfix and I’ve read bad reviews I’m so scared now
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:11 am
Don't be scared - Creditfix like all iva providers receive good and bad publicity. So long as you work with your IP and inform them if any changes, undertake the reviews etc you will be fine. The IP almost needs to become your best friend ....
barassic
by barassic » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:45 am
Hi Mandy 108
Reading reviews about my IVA company you wouldn't go near them but they have been excellent up to now. Keep all correspondence including phone call times , numbers etc and keep them informed of any changes in your circumstances and pay over any extras you earn within the time stated and then you can challenge anything you disagree with. Hope that helps.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:55 am
I'm sure you will be fine - you won't please all of the people all of the time.
ashbock123
by ashbock123 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:55 am
I am with credit fix they have been very good so far. They are not brilliant with communication don't email either ring or live chat to get a response quicker.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:59 am
All good advice above. Remember it is your IVA and it is, at the end of the day, your responsibility to keep it on track. CF are just supervisors. Read your paperwork and make sure you understand what you have signed up for.

Their biggest failing, so far, seems to be communication ( or lack thereof). If you can get the email address of a particular person who seems helpful, hang on to it and make them you "go to" person. Also try to build up a rapport. Do get any important agreements along the way in writing, to avoid future misunderstandings, and keep all of your financial / IVA paperwork together in a box file for easy reference.

Regarding scary reviews ..... whenever I buy a car I look at the reviews and join the owners forum ... then ... always ... scare myself silly !!! People tend to always post the negative and rarely the positive. Many don't post at all until they hit a problem. So, in a five year IVA we might see someone a couple of times on here, when they hit that glitch ( and everybody does) ... but we don't see them the thousand and one times something goes well or right for them. And, I might add, many of those problems we do hear about are down to a misunderstanding on one, or both, sides and easily set straight.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:06 pm
The company I chose got bought out by Grant Thornton within the year of the start of my IVA. I was distraught as I had also found this forum and was reading so many horrible stories about GT! Needles to say the next 4 1/2 years sailed by, never and issue and always someone answered my many queries that I posed them. The saying "Don't panic Mr Mainwaring" was so true.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:09 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
The company I chose got bought out by Grant Thornton within the year of the start of my IVA. I was distraught as I had also found this forum and was reading so many horrible stories about GT! Needles to say the next 4 1/2 years sailed by, never and issue and always someone answered my many queries that I posed them. The saying "Don't panic Mr Mainwaring" was so true.

The rest of that saying is also appropriate at times :lol:
ridingthestorm
by ridingthestorm » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:06 pm
Hi

I wasn't overly chuffed when I was transferred to CreditFix. But as a whole I really had no dealings with them and the IVA ticked over as normal. My yearly payrises and bonus I generally hid in my I&E every year by maximising my allowances to their guidelines and once completed I received my CC very swiftly. Like the others above have mentioned there's bad and good reviews with all company's.

Btw I also communication always by email so that there was always a paper trail.

Good luck I'm sure your be fine
recovering
by recovering » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:39 pm
I was really unhappy about being moved to creditfix. But they have been ok... the trick is as Foggy says to get a contact... it has been pretty plain sailing since. I would say if you don’t agree with anything ... challenge them
Good luck on your journey
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”