I’m not finding it any easier

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Di16
by Di16 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:03 pm
Hi everyone,

I’ve entered into an IVA about 3 months ago as well as my partner but we’re not finding it any easier actually it seems to be a bit harder than it was before IVA. We’re arguing forever about money and I can’t cope anymore.
We’re getting paid every 4 weeks but the IVA company was calculating everything for a month even out income but we never have all that money together and the allowances they gave us is just about right for 4 weeks but obviously we don’t have the money there. Every month is hard and my partner’s mum is helping us financially because we wouldn’t cope.
I feel really bad about it and I don’t wanna keep relying on her each month.
I’m also pregnant and already got 21 months old one princess and we would love to put her in the nursery to starts playing with other children but it’s extra £160 a month and that’s just 1 day (6hours) in the nursery.
How do I go about it? Will they allow me to put her in the nursery?
Also my car need servicing for last 6 months but I’m not able to afford it and don’t know what to do.
Another thing is the clothing and everything for new baby arriving soon. I have no idea how to get around this. It’s getting to much.
Thinking of going down the road of bankruptcy even I don’t really like the idea of it but I’m so desperate.
I’m thinking of ringing the company I went through but I don’t even know who is my PI And if they will help

Sorry for the long post and the actual moan but I don’t know where else to find help and understanding.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:18 pm
If you have no assets (rent rather than own, for instance) BR would possibly be easier, although you would have to find £750 each for the fees and might get have to make payments similar to those in your IVA for up to three years.

Whether the IVA could be made easier for you depends on many things, not the least of which is the opinion of your IP and how helpful he / she might be. It will depend on what your current payments actually are and if there is scope for them to be reduced .... which would have to be looked at when the new one comes along anyway.

You could agree a payment break to fund equipment and clothes for the newborn. These would be added back on at the end. I doubt nursery fees would be agreed unless it was needed to allow you to work.

Your payments into the IVA should have been calculated to allow for the 4 weekly payment, and might just need time to settle in and catch up. Might I ask: was this matter discussed at the start ?
Di16
by Di16 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:29 pm
Foggy wrote:
If you have no assets (rent rather than own, for instance) BR would possibly be easier, although you would have to find £750 each for the fees and might get have to make payments similar to those in your IVA for up to three years.

Whether the IVA could be made easier for you depends on many things, not the least of which is the opinion of your IP and how helpful he / she might be. It will depend on what your current payments actually are and if there is scope for them to be reduced .... which would have to be looked at when the new one comes along anyway.

You could agree a payment break to fund equipment and clothes for the newborn. These would be added back on at the end. I doubt nursery fees would be agreed unless it was needed to allow you to work.

Your payments into the IVA should have been calculated to allow for the 4 weekly payment, and might just need time to settle in and catch up. Might I ask: was this matter discussed at the start ?

Yes I was telling them constantly that I’m getting paid every 4 weeks and they’re even taking money for my IVA every 4 weeks.

My current dividend to creditors is 10.60p/£

I just feel bad about asking them to help me out with this and I don’t know what to expect.

Should I keep ringing them about every single change that’s happening? I.e. I get paid less than usually

I know that the life is not supposed to be easy to be in an IVA but I wasn’t expecting it to be so hard.
Do you have any tips how to make it easier?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:53 am
If they are taking the IVA payment 4 weekly and you get paid 4 weekly that should work out, once you have settled into the budgetting -- it does take a few months to adjust your spending. I am afraid the discount stores will become your friend ( Aldi, Lidl) as well as the nearly out of date shelves at the supermarket. Get into the habit of bargain hunting as well as substituting name brands for own brands ( some of them are quite good ... some take a bit of getting used to).

I used to contact my IP by email (less stressful and you have a record) and tell him everything as and when it happened. I am sure most of it he wasn't interested in, but he couldn't accuse me of not telling him anything he did want to know !
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:05 am
As regards things like Christmas and birthdays, if you have time, try doing some online surveys to earn vouchers - too late for this year now but worth it for the future.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:20 am
Check your actual income and expenditure is in line with what was recorded in your IVA proposal.

Either the information you declared on it was wrong, the contributions have been miscalculated or you are overspending on non essential items.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”