I need to find a new bank, help !

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 2 of 2

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:43 pm
I agree the Natwest account is a good one and I use it daily. I'm more happy with this account than I was with my old HSBC account. xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:49 pm
I wouldn't touch HSBC again with a ten foot barge pole!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:50 pm
On that we agree Jan.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

SFA

Post by SFA » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:36 pm
Stewpots,

I opened a basic Lloyds and Co-Op account and both have Visa debit cards.

Both can be used for internet shopping, and normal chip n pin services such as INSIDE petrol stations.

The paperwork with both accounts warned me that due to the type of account/ product I had,that my Visa card would NOT work on aircraft chip n pin or PETROL FORECOURTS. So, all you have to get used to is selecting " pay at the kiosk " when filling up, going into the station and using the " attended " chip n pin machine which will work easily.

I was scared stiff the first time I used my new card to get fuel and always carried £10 cash just in case, however it's never been a problem.

The above are the only minor differences that I've found using a Visa debit card attached to a basic account.

Good luck.
SFA
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”