I never had an IVA still my name is in insolvency register, please advice.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
cosmos
by cosmos » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:57 am
my name has been included on iva register wrongly never had a iva or any debt. Wife entered into a sole iva with a firm. This firm entered my name wrongly on to iva register. Have tried to remove my name but company are not helping by sending letter to bank or insolvency service to instruct them I have never had a iva. Any advice gratefully received.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:39 am
Have you tried contacting the Insolvency Service yourself? Which company is it?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:31 am
I would contact the data controller at the Insolvency Service and advise that they are displaying incorrect information which could have a damaging effect on your credit worthiness.
cosmos
by cosmos » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:21 pm
cant say which company it is kallis3 sorry seems insolvency service can only act if they receive letter from debt management agency but they are dragging there feet I am seeking legal advice at moment against company and ip who signed me on to insolvency register. got to 1st week may to get this fixed otherwise bank are closing account

really really frustrated with it all
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:49 pm
You need to threaten this company with a complaint.
redboxtree
by redboxtree » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:37 am
Ask them specifically (or via your solicitor) who their Data Protection Officer is and state that you want this resolved otherwise you will make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Point out that from 25/05/18 the law will be strengthened to deal with inaccurate data and if they drag their feet they face a fine significantly in excess of the current limits which are £500k.

Under the new data protection legislation you will also find it easier to take them to court directly.
plasticdaft
Forum Expert
Contact
by plasticdaft » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:36 am
There is a list of data controllers on the ico website if you need contact details.

Good luck.

Paul
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”