I still get annual statements from Cahoot. IVA completed in 2016.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
markss675
by markss675 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:31 am
Hello my IVA completed in June 2016 but I still get annual statements from Cahoot showing the original balance despite me calling them. Also marks and spencer still show me on their systems as having a credit card with them despite it being in the IVA which is strange. Can I stop Cahoot sending statements because it's my past and reminds me of bad times. Any help appreciated.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:59 am
Is the iva still on your credit report ? If it is then it maybe until its removed they will continue.
If not all you can do is continue to ask them to stop sending them - at least you know they are not demands for payment!
markss675
by markss675 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:53 am
My IVA was removed from my CRA in 2016. I do not think they are allowed to send these statements I thought the debt is written off when a IVA completes. My concern is if my mail is opened by mistake by someone else. Would the ICO be worth contacting to complain?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:47 am
markss675 wrote:
My IVA was removed from my CRA in 2016. I do not think they are allowed to send these statements I thought the debt is written off when a IVA completes. My concern is if my mail is opened by mistake by someone else. Would the ICO be worth contacting to complain?

Were these debts defaulted at the start of your IVA? In which case they should disappear from CRA records on the 6th anniversary. The ICO would be worth a shot as the lenders have to keep factual / accurate records.
markss675
by markss675 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:40 am
The defaults are gone and my credit has improved I have a couple of Top current accounts and Halifax credit card which I manage well. They were a creditor originally which baffles me why HSBC Marks Spencer keep a record internally. They don’t report anything to the CRA.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”