If I live with a partner are they liable to pay towards my IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
michelle558
by michelle558 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:53 pm
I am just about to enter into an IVA and I live alone with my daughter. If in the future (before the IVA is completed) I meet someone and live with them, would their income form part of my IVA. Are they liable to pay towards this?
FormerlyST1100
by FormerlyST1100 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 am
With the majority of IVA Companies then no.

You will be requested to provide inormation of their income but all that is for is to ensure they are paying a fair share of the bills according to how much each earns .. if you dont give them this info they will assume that share is 50/50, which could be to your advantage.

The one to avoid ( and others will be able to say if there are any more ) is Payplan who treats the whole household's salaries as income, so in this case they will be paying for your debts.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:52 am
My response would be very much along the lines of ST's above. Your prospective partner's income will alleviate some of the household expenses from your shoulders, so your disposable income would increase slightly, but, other than that their income is their business.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:05 pm
Irrespective of which company you choose to go with, they have no legal right or recourse if your partner flat out refuses to inform them of any income. 50/50 is the worst they can calculate any bills.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:24 pm
Live for the moment - don't let it stop you moving forwards with your life. Life is too short.

As others have said your partners income would purely be used to ensure fairness against the household expenses
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”