if I went into IVA solution would it affect my SIA badge ? U

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
lynn195
by lynn195 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:04 pm
if i went into iva solution woukd this affect my sia badge
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:38 am
Hi,

Forgive my ignorance but what is an SIA badge?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:06 am
kallis3 wrote:
Hi,

Forgive my ignorance but what is an SIA badge?

Security Industry Authority certification ...... security staff, these days, have to wear a badge certifying them as fit and proper persons with the required training.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:54 am
Something else to put in the memory banks!!
jonathah
by jonathah » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:12 pm
The simple answer is No. The SIA application and renewal process is concerned with 2 things, whether you have a criminal conviction(s) and/or whether you have been sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Essentially the SIA application/renewal process is a very expensive form of DBS with a bit of MHA thrown in.

However many security employers use the British Standards vetting standard BS7858 which does include a credit check. a five year address and employment check.
This is only done for a new employee and if the contract moves from one contractor to another the existing details are transferred over (TUPE) to the new contractor.

BS7858 is also used in other roles such as financial services contact centre workers.

BUT

Even in the worst case of applying for a new job or your current employer becoming aware of you IVA (there is no requirement in BS7858 to inform your employer) the presence of an IVA would not mean you being automatically binned. It is (if you read the guidance) a management decision, and if a manager is satisfied that you, or the role you are in present no risk or a manageable risk then no worries.

Hope this helps.

PS (soapbox) there is no researched (or even anecdotal) evidence that people with financial problems are more likely to commit crime or be untrustworthy.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”