I'm still without heating with small children & working

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
sandybrowneyes2002
by sandybrowneyes2002 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:13 am
Hi,
I'm still without heating, ( my heating system was condemned a few weeks ago) I simply can't find anyone willing to lean / beg or borrow from.

I'm not on benefits so not able to receive any help from government. I'm on a iva so unable to achieve finance. Iva break won't help funding issues. All my saving & iva break won't generate enough income.

I would strongly recommended people have a serious think about going bankrupt.

Hind sight is wonderful. I'm without heating with small children & working. There is no help for people like us.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:32 am
Please speak to your IP!

Is BR an option for you?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:37 am
sandybrowneyes2002 wrote:
Hi,
I'm still without heating, ( my heating system was condemned a few weeks ago) I simply can't find anyone willing to lean / beg or borrow from.

I'm not on benefits so not able to receive any help from government. I'm on a iva so unable to achieve finance. Iva break won't help funding issues. All my saving & iva break won't generate enough income.

I would strongly recommended people have a serious think about going bankrupt.

Hind sight is wonderful. I'm without heating with small children & working. There is no help for people like us.

It is an unfortunate situation to be in, but, had you not gone into the IVA, would it have been any different ? You credit rating and being already overstretched would have stopped you getting finance on a heating deal anyway and you would still not have the income to buy outright.

I would suggest you take a payment break to at least get some electic panel heaters and concentrate on getting one room warm.
barassic
by barassic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:30 pm
Electric fan heaters would also be an option and can be bought for £10 and they are not that expensive to run
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:37 pm
With the turn in weather next week I agree - a payment break now will.give you time to buy some electric heaters - ok not a long term fix but will keep you warm until it can be sorted

I would make an appointment with the citizen advice bureau to see if they can offer further support through third party providers to families in difficult times.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”