Increasing monthly payments to allow F&F offer?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Mikeymayhem

Post by Mikeymayhem » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:12 pm
I have asked my IVA management co. To propose a final offer to my creditors and they have come back to me and say I have to sign a document to increase my monthly repayments prior to creditors meeting in order for them to proceed with arrangements of final offer meeting. ( despite me earning 4K less last year than the year before) is this right?

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:30 pm
Doesn't seem right to me! I don't see the logic in increasing payments other than an off the cuff decision made by a desk jockey rather than your IP. I would question it and ask to speak directly with your IP rather than a case handler. If you were to increase the payments and the F&F was rejected then I doubt your paymwnts would reduce back to the level they are now.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:40 pm
I agree with Merlin. Further an increased payment now would also increase the amount the creditors wouyld be expecting should the IVA run to term, and, presumably, increase the gap between that figure and your offer.... making the offer less attractive. A bit self destructive really!

This is not normal practice.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
Visit my blog here : http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:50 pm
I agree with Foggy and Merlin.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”