Inform creditors on IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Palerider67
by Palerider67 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:43 pm
Hi
Should i inform my creditors that i have just proceeded applying for an IVA?
Please advise
Thanks
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:47 pm
It is up to you. Your chosen IP will be informing them as well. If you do any online banking - go in and remove your contact details so they can't phone you.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:48 pm
They will know soon enough. Telling them early will just give them more time to try to start bugging you for a payment.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:58 pm
I would leave it to your IP, as long as there is no too much of a delay between you instructing them and the notifications being sent by them to your creditors.
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:55 pm
I did write letters to each of the providers whilst my IVA was being drafted as I had been advised to make token payments to them and I knew it wouldn't cover the minimum. I used a standard template explaining how much I would pay and the date I would pay it. I also stated I would only deal with them in writing not on the phone. I had the most overwhelming sense of calm as I stuck those letters in the postbox. Now I look back and wish I hadn't paid them anything and built up a bit of an emergency pot, but I was so worried they would vote no!

As Kallis suggested removing your phone number is a good idea, I didn't but I did set my phone to reject all withheld calls automatically. I let Leeds numbers go to voicemail as I wasn't sure if they were stepchange or first direct. They were all first direct!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”