insolvency register

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
HMRCBFAIR
by HMRCBFAIR » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:13 am
how Long should it take to get my name off this please?
I made my final payment in June - - now getting the usual BS from supervisor - "just calculating final dividend", "its with the supervisor for approval"
3 months later and not completion certificate, name still on the list.... how can i hurry them along?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:16 am
If you've not had your completion letter you will remain on the register unfortunately and can remain on there for up to three months afterwards. Keep chasing your IP firm!
HMRCBFAIR
by HMRCBFAIR » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:23 am
ty - but is that all i can do? this bunch of crooks hardly respond to the creditors let along me. They are too busy working out ways to increase their fees without telling anyone. Do i have no sanctions or escalation processes?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:26 am
Other than making a complaint, initially via their internal website and bombarding them with emails you can do nothing. Until the register is informed, your IVA will stay on there. Remind me which company you are with again?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:28 am
As Kallis says -- you will stay on the Register for "up to" three months from the date of issue of the completion paperwork. If you don't come off within the first couple of weeks (papers picked up by someone keen) it will be three months to the day (I.S Policy, apparently. I had a lot of contact with them over mine !!! ).

The only avenue you have to hasten them would be a formal complaint, which could be escalated to their regulators --- my fear would be that they would put the case on hold while investigating a complaint ! They are not doing this to increase fees and the usual time is around three months, although some do it within weeks and a couple take up to 6 months. No help to you at the moment, but 4 years ago when I completed some were taking over a year !!
HMRCBFAIR
by HMRCBFAIR » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:41 am
The company is HJS Solutions. Add this to a long list of reasons i would have not to employ them.

http://www.hjssolutions.co.uk/

Far too much info about this process is not available to the uneducated/inexperienced and desperate buyer - no doubt most of us first timers .
HMRCBFAIR
by HMRCBFAIR » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:55 am
Heres a copy of email from July - in response to did you get my final payment? - when can i get completion certificate?

Yes I did – thank you.

I completed a closing review of your file this week. I was also required to issue a notice to prove to the creditors which haven’t yet submitted claims.

This notice expires on 4 August 2017 at which point I can calculate and pay the final dividend and fees. Once all dividend payments have cleared our account I will be in a position to issue your final report and certificate of completion.

I would anticipate that this will be around beginning of September.

Kind Regards

2 creditors did not submit a claim therefore £12k+ is available in theory for distribution to creditors - since this came at the very end of the process i watch with interest how they attempt to dilute the payment actually made.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:57 am
Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon.
HMRCBFAIR
by HMRCBFAIR » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:37 am
Beware all ye out there getting into this - - getting out ain't easy either,

2 more weeks go by and still i get fobbed off - here is the latest email BS -i have to wait until the final dividend cheques (yes cheques) clear their bank account.....

"I have just sent an email to our cashiers to find out if they have all cleared through.

The reason we need to wait is that our fees are based upon time costs. We couldn’t draw the final fee before paying the dividend as this wouldn’t have taken into account the time spent in distributing and closing your case.

Once the dividend clears I will draw the remaining fees and issue your report.

I am out of the office after today until next Wednesday so if I don’t receive a reply from the cashiers today I will update you next week.

Thanks"

I wonder if any of the Supervisors offer a promise or service level to provide the certificate within x weeks/months of completion? Should be mandatory in my opinion.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:25 am
I would make a complaint via the internal complaints procedure to start with and then escalate it if no joy.
HMRCBFAIR
by HMRCBFAIR » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:54 am
Thanks I will if i get no joy from the Supervisor directly today, but frankly I have little faith in this - I even complained though the "independent" official process on another more serious matter - and just got fobbed off. It's self policing and "jobs for the boys" at it's worst. There is a code of ethics too which isn't worth the paper it's printed on.... don't get me started.

The cost overrun (versus estimate) on my IVA beggars belief but even the creditors don't seem to care - they seem to be blinded by misinformation and accounting inconsistencies such that they cannot see they are being ripped off.

My advice to those going in would be to get as explicit a promise as you can on the exit timing and process and be very careful over the costing estimates.

I really cannot see any justification for the exit process to take longer than 1 month.
HMRCBFAIR
by HMRCBFAIR » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:39 pm
of course no answer from the Supervisor or indeed the other senior partner or administrator also addressed on the email.
So... As advised here i now send in a formal complaint - its all totally pointless but what else can I do.
Last payment made June 2017 - now 04/10 and counting.
HMRCBFAIR
by HMRCBFAIR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:20 am
So now comes the formal reply of course. Mainly BS about admin procedures we have to go through blah blah - also point out that they have 6 months to complete this process ! (Is this true?) but the main problem they say is an "unforseen delay" ... get this .....

"one of the creditors has failed to cash their cheque so they are unable to complete the process" OMG is this for real ? Lets leave aside how they even think that the word "cheque" is acceptable as an excuse in 2017.... How is this my problem?

I have two responses to this

1. Not my problem- surely they can close out without this happening
2. It should be resolvable in about 30 mins - get their bank details/cancel the cheque/ pay online - it is not acceptable as an excuse for anything longer than 1 hour - i'll do it myself if they send me the address.

This is typical of what i have endured for 5 years. Lets also not even discuss what extra charges will now find their way into the final reckoning

Please advise forum experts.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:01 am
HMRCBFAIR wrote:
So now comes the formal reply of course. Mainly BS about admin procedures we have to go through blah blah - also point out that they have 6 months to complete this process ! (Is this true?) but the main problem they say is an "unforseen delay" ... get this .....

"one of the creditors has failed to cash their cheque so they are unable to complete the process" OMG is this for real ? Lets leave aside how they even think that the word "cheque" is acceptable as an excuse in 2017.... How is this my problem?

I have two responses to this

1. Not my problem- surely they can close out without this happening
2. It should be resolvable in about 30 mins - get their bank details/cancel the cheque/ pay online - it is not acceptable as an excuse for anything longer than 1 hour - i'll do it myself if they send me the address.

This is typical of what i have endured for 5 years. Lets also not even discuss what extra charges will now find their way into the final reckoning

Please advise forum experts.

Yes, they have a 6 month period "built in" to the arrangement duration --- this clause usually states 66 months (60 payments plus 6 months admin).

Personally I believe that the completion certificate should be issued once you have made your agreed payments and fulfilled your obligations --- any jiggery pokery with claims can be dealt with in their time, not yours! At the worst they should simply put a time limit of 28 days on creditor claims (and they can start this process before the final payment) or the creditor looses eligibility. And, yes, payments should be electronic in this day and age.
HMRCBFAIR
by HMRCBFAIR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:41 am
thanks for the input- but what can i do - they beg to differ
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”