Insolvency Register

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
41 posts Page 3 of 3

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:00 pm
Unfortunately the register is here to say, at least for now. Andy did do a petition a while back but it got nowhere.

However, not many people know of the register.

I'd sign another petiton but of course the circle of people you reach are limited to those who know of the petition. I don't know of any of my friends knowing ing about it.

I doubt we will get rid of it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lem

Post by lem » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:07 pm
I have a real issue with my private details being on there, I can sort of agree with names and general area of the country where people live, but I can't see why any further information should be in the general public domain accessible to all. For goodness sake we are not criminals, mind you, you don't see their details splashed all over the internet do you?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:12 pm
It actually doesn't bother me as I have no friends who know of the register.

I would prefer that it was out of the public domain but as that isn't going to happen anytime soon then I won't let it spoil my life.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:18 pm
I've no idea if I have any friends who know I'm on the register but if they do, they do but I doubt we'd ever discuss it. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:27 pm
I assume that nobody I know has really bad debts. If they did find out and want to discuss then fine by me. Otherwise I just let sleeping dogs lie!!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:31 pm
I've seen two people on there I know, one I looked for (nosey ol me) and the other by pure chance as their surname is near mine on the register. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:03 pm
I just can't be bothered to check although I will admit that if I thought any of our neighbours might be in trouble then I might be nosey!!!!!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:05 pm
Somebody told me (Skippy knows) and I just had to check as I couldn't believe it...but alas it was true, in an IVA just like me.

Rosepetal

Post by Rosepetal » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:26 pm
echo all of above & would add our names to a petition.

we did a F&F IVA in feb this yr,completed in Aug this yr but there was a footnote on the register saying we had to stay on there for 3mth after completion.

was yours a F&F THEMATRIX ?

we were still on there in the wk due to be off,Mel's team were v helpful - Liz is a star Mel[:)]

i agree,being on the Insolvency Register feels like being named & shamed,one thing for names to be there but addresses should not be. it takes courage to tackle our debts....down off my soap box now[:)]
Nothing stays the same...everything changes..hang on in there!

molly16

Post by molly16 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:43 pm
that message had been under my name on insovency register, but obviously as they have been informed off completion it has come off. i was expecting it to stay til feb 2011 but my name been removed in last week . iva commenced 18th nov 2005, completed this nov

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:46 pm
The Insolvency Register will be updated as soon as the IVA is completed - CRA is different and you will need to sort this out directly with them.
Bob Marley.
41 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”