Insolvency Service

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
flower
by flower » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:04 pm
Hi, My Iva finished on the 12th april 2018, and couple of weeks ago i noticed i was still on the insolvency register, so i emailed them. They asked for proof of completion etc, so i sent everything in as requested then they said i had to send it all in again as they had lost my previous email, so i told them i'd already done this, and this was the response i recieved below, could anyone give my some advise on the email below, regarding taking of register immidiatly.

Thank you.

lee

Please accept our apologies for this mix up, it seems your previous email was placed into a incorrect directory, I have managed to locate your original email with the completion documents attached.

Under normal circumstances, the Insolvency Service would update your IVA status to completed from the date of notification which 19/07/2018. By Law and legislation your details should remain on the IIR register for a period of three months from this notification date with the case status as ‘complete’, This is outlined in Rule 11.15 (b) of the Insolvency Rules 2016. This allows credit reference agencies and the public to see that you are no longer in an IVA.

Hence in this case your details would fall off the IIR register three months from notification which will be 19.10.2018.

However as we cannot ascertain the circumstances as to why we have no record of receiving the notification from your supervisor at the time of the IVA completion I am willing to update the notification date to coincide with your IVA completion date 12.04.2018.

Please note that if we do this, your entry on the IIR register will be deleted immediately overnight which means credit reference agencies may not have the benefit of seeing your IVA case status as ‘complete’.

If this is something you would like to pursue please do let me know and I can backdate your notification date so you fall off the IIR register over night.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Many Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Imran
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:19 pm
No advice to give --- you are coming off the register immediately .... Job Done !
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:29 pm
As Foggy says that's all good. Most people are given the 3 month line.

Regards
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:28 pm
That's s good result!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”