Insurance claim

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Oya
by Oya » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:05 pm
Hi all.. I have a question.. I am paying currys insurance for my Tv it covers everything and if it's beyond repair they will either give me the same model and make Tv or if that one not available will give me the money to buy a new one. My question is if my TV broken and they send me the cheque for a new one would it be payable to Iva or for me to use to purchase a new tv? The reason I am asking if my insurance payout won't be available to me what is the point I am paying every month?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:44 pm
You are paying more for the option of repair, rather than replacement as they would only replace if you completely blow the thing up :-) Maybe have a word with them and ask if they actually send a cheque or do they present you with a new TV from the store ? Even if a cheque, if under £500 it would not trigger the windfall clause anyway and your IP would be none the wiser.
Oya
by Oya » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:38 pm
Foggy wrote:
You are paying more for the option of repair, rather than replacement as they would only replace if you completely blow the thing up :-) Maybe have a word with them and ask if they actually send a cheque or do they present you with a new TV from the store ? Even if a cheque, if under £500 it would not trigger the windfall clause anyway and your IP would be none the wiser.

The TV it self costs £599 and if it's beyond repair I guess they will be issuing a check for this amount. If we are not able to keep our claim amount for replacement what's the point having an expencure allowance for insurance? I would rather cancel my cover than.. I don't know if can make currys to give me a gift voucher may be
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”