Is an IVA my only option ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

sandy18

Post by sandy18 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:24 pm
After 2 yaers of unemplyment I build up 21K in CC debts. I have tried to get a loan to clear these. I earn in excess of £47K and have been in this job now for nearly 3 years my mortage payments are £859 due to end in 8 years when I am 60. There is equity on my property but no one will give me a loan to pay off the CC debts. Is an IVA my only option

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:57 pm
Hi Sandy and welcome to the forum.

I recommend that you speak to a professional about your debts. Visit www.iva.com for a list of companies and reviews. Give one or two a ring and you will receive free and impartial advice as to all the options open to you an the best way forward for your circumstaces.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:20 pm
An IVA could be an option; your house would be safe (unless your IVA fails) and it sounds as if you have a disposable income to fund the monthly payments. You would also be debt free in time to enjoy your retirement.

Good luck and welcome to the forum

An in depth discussion with a couple of professionals should give you a clear picture as to what tye of solution would suit you best. www.iva.com lists lots of companies,

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:24 pm
test
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:02 pm
Test Mel?[?][?]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:08 pm
A good link provided above and you can talk to 2 or 3 companies to ensure you get impartial advice, the advice will be free and all debt solutions can be discussed with you x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:41 pm
Test Jan because I am getting frustrated that my posts are not registering properly - but I think I have found the solution. I need to post on the forum page rather than the home page. Found the functionality of the earlier site better to be honest - but he look of this site is a great improvement. I guess that none of us like change.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”