Is everyone having a good Saturday?

41 posts Page 1 of 3

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:39 pm
Well first apologies for not been about all week as I have been ill with a terrible cold and have just about been able to get to to work and sit there and not do much else lol.

Feeling much better now though as the worst is over [:D]

We needed cover for this weekend so in the interests of my Xmas Budget I gave in to my bosses request to work today but told her to swivel if she thought I would work Sunday as well (Would mean by end of next week would have done 14 days in a row, I think not!)

So I'm here till 7pm with nowt to do, getting bored of watching DVD's now [:(]

So how is everyone else fairing?
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:55 pm
I'm ok Luke apart from the usual everything is breaking down and not enough money in the pot! Got a magic wand anywhere near you? xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:57 pm
I may look like Harry Potter when I wear my glasses but sadly I do not have his wand [:D]

Have you tried telling the broken stuff off and maybe giving it a good smack, sometimes helps and god knows it makes me feel better haha. xx
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:12 pm
I'm washing and ironing at the moment (apart from when I'm posting on here obviously!) and waiting for the peace to be shattered when daughter, fiance, his brother and two guide dogs descend upon us!

Had a wasted journey to pick up a ring this morning only to find out that I need one size smaller so will have to go back again next week!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:13 pm
Yikes enjoy the silence before the storm haha. Nowt worse than a wasted journey :(

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:23 pm
Exactly! I hasten to add that I've not bought a new ring as such, it's an insurance claim as I lost my engagement ring! Could have done without using the petrol though!

It gets better tomorrow Luke - we have my parents coming across for lunch and my stepson, wife and two kids are coming over in the afternon that's without the others, us two and three dogs!

I shall be ready for the loony bin by the end of tomorrow! Can I come and work your shift????[:D][:D]
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:30 pm
I'm sending you a straight jacket and ssome prozac lol [:)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:35 pm
[:D][:D]

I shall need them!
Bob Marley.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:32 pm
I am having a really quiet saturday, we went out this morning to get a few bits and bobs apart from that my day will be spent here in front of my pc, playing cafe world and farmville and looking on here, what an exciting life I lead... [:D][:D]
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:49 pm
We've just had words and I've stormed out! Oh why does money or lack of it do this to me!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:51 pm
Know how you feel Lesley - this has happened to us on more than one occasion.
Bob Marley.

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:58 pm
Oh dear sorry to hear that Lesley [:(]

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:00 pm
I thought I was the only one, hubby and I have taken to bickering most Saturdays as that was the day we always did 'something' since we have had a reduction in income we do nothing, and it is frustrating, boring and an extremely long day.
Last edited by Pandy on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:05 pm
I went to town this morning with a M & S Voucher in purse that was a birthday present. It was burning a hole in my purse but came back without anything. Am really trying hard economise and trying to learn the difference between what I need and what I want[8D]
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:08 pm
We were the same Pandy - we always used to go out 'just for a look round'. Trouble is we always ended up buying stuff - usually me with clothes!

I'm not so bothered now and can quite happily stop at home on a Saturday afternoon. Hubby offered to take me out this afternoon to get some new underwear (badly in need!) and I refused! I'll go next week when the shops aren't so crowded and I know how much money is left until payday!
Bob Marley.
41 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “friends corner”