Is failed IVA automatically removed from Insolvency register after 6 years?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
zia928
by zia928 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:18 am
Hi,

I need your advice please.

I entered into IVA agreement in Sept 2011 and I continued to pay to IVA firm for 15 months before I reach to conflict with them for payments issue.
My IVA agreement was terminated in Dec 2012 and ever since, I didn't have any communication with my insolvency practitioner or creditors except the terminated agreement papers sent by my IP.

Therefore now waiting for this IVA removal from my credit file.

My all loans were defaulted before August 2011 and I can see that those loans, defaults all have been cleared and removed from my credit file.

I read on the various IVA and legal websites, they say if the 6 years mark is passed then IVA should be removed from credit file automatically and there's no need no contact your IP or creditors.

But I have checked my credit file and checked at the insolvency website, both are showing my IVA as 'Active' even in October 2017

My question to you, will it remove automatically after six years (which is passed) from the IVA agreement date even its unsettled?
If not, then when will it be removed or how from my record.

Many thanks for your help and advice.
Z GHANCHI
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:55 am
If they are showing as "active" your former IP has never sent the Notice of Termination to the Insolvency Service. It will not come off either the Register or your credit files until it is marked as completed / failed / terminated.

If you have the termination paperwork you should send a copy to the Insolvency Service -- they will, if they agree, then remove it from the Register and the credit agencies will do the same with their files after that.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”