Is Holmes Financial a legal registered IVA Debt management company?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
clare816
by clare816 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:09 pm
I s Holmes Financial a legal registered IVA Debt management company? They had been calling me for months & months. I decided after a long conversation with Chris Laffey from their company to proceed with them. They sent a courier to collect lots of personal financial details including bank statements etc since taking the details they have never gotten back to me & every time I phone I am unable to get through to talk to anyone, I've left countless messages, nobody returns the calls. I'm very concerned.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:43 pm
Their website would indicate that they are a packaging company -- they will collate your details and pass them to another firm who actually provides IVA's (maybe a firm you would prefer not to go with).

They are also guilty of making nuisance marketing calls ... and I would avoid cold callers anyway: https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/news-a ... nce-calls/
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:23 pm
Hi Claire, as a rule of thumb I would never entertain a company who called me out the blue over anything. You being in financial trouble gets out to these 'ambulance chasers', them pestering you for your approval would have had me telling them to do one rather than complying with there persistent requests. A quick google search returned this:
Cold calling firm that 'hounded' customers with almost NINE MILLION nuisance PPI compensation calls in just nine months is fined £300,000.
On that basis I would not continue any communication with them, don't pay them anything in advance, don't speak to them on the phone and certainly do not sign anything.
Speak with other companies about your debt problem, there are some good solutions out there, don't get trapped by these cowboys, they will not even administer your IVA, that would be passed on to a registered IP.
redboxtree
by redboxtree » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:45 pm
The level of the fine is one of the highest ever issued - designed to drive them out of business.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:53 pm
I would speak to another company before making a decision.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:14 am
I would cut out the middleman and go straight to a licensed IP firm.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:14 am
You should also write to them by registered post and demand your documents back.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”