Is it normal for IVA completion certificate to take 6 months?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

deborah251

Post by deborah251 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:20 am
I am 60 and have just completed my final IVA payment in July. I have contacted the IVA company several times by e-mail to ask what happens next but so far received no reply. I telephoned the Company today and the customer services lady said everything looked fine and the file was passed over on 1st August (not sure who to). She said I didnt owe any further money as I paid an extra 12 months in lieu of equity. She did say however that it will be 6 months before my completion certificate will be received. Is this normal? I really feel disappointed, it feels as if its never going to go away.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:25 am
If your company is Aperture -- this is their 'normal' time scale. Most firms take between 1 and 3 months. There is a 6 months (extendable) admin period built into the terms ---- most firms regard this as the maximum, but Aperture regard it as the minimum ----- that said they do, every now and then, issue them faster, when the planets are in alignment.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:40 am
It can take "up to" 6 months but most come in before that. Give it 3 months, then start to chase weekly is my suggestion.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Radish

Post by Radish » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:50 am
Mine took 6 months to come, almost to the date, at least the hard part is over, you may want to open the champagne now or when you get the certificate, personally, I celebrated twice :lol: :lol: :lol:
IVA complete March 2014 after 6 years.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”