Is my completed IVA going to last forever?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

jacque

Post by jacque » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:53 pm
Hi, I completed my IVA just over 6 years ago after they told me that they had investigated my case for any PPI claims and found none. Just before Christmas a PPI company made a claim for me and I was told by the bank in question that they had awarded me £8,000 + but as my affairs were being administered in an IVA they had sent the payment to my IVA company. Can they do this after all this time? Does that mean that if I inherit money when my parents die that they can claim this too? I feel like I did my time but will still pay for my crime for ever as such. I celebrated when I finished my IVA and was proud of meeting my obligations but is this forever now?

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:51 am
jacque wrote:
Hi, I completed my IVA just over 6 years ago after they told me that they had investigated my case for any PPI claims and found none. Just before Christmas a PPI company made a claim for me and I was told by the bank in question that they had awarded me £8,000 + but as my affairs were being administered in an IVA they had sent the payment to my IVA company. Can they do this after all this time? Does that mean that if I inherit money when my parents die that they can claim this too? I feel like I did my time but will still pay for my crime for ever as such. I celebrated when I finished my IVA and was proud of meeting my obligations but is this forever now?
No -- from the end of the IVA on your finances are and will be your own. The thing about PPI was that it existed during the IVA, albeit not known about, and so is part of the IVA.

I would, however, write to your former IP asking for a breakdown of where the money from the refund has gone. Be aware that the claims company will still be looking to get it's fee as well . Have they said anything about this ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”