Is my IVA completion certificate lost forever

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
carey
by carey » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:00 pm
Hi
I've been trying to get hold of a copy of my Certificate of Completion for my records (mine somehow got lost in a house move) and have come up at several dead ends. My IVA was completed in 2010 through Synergi Partners, who don't exist any more. I have been in contact with the court that my IVA went through, but they say they have never dealt with insolvency, so I'm at a total loss as to where to go next. The Insolvency Register has no record of my IVA either. Is my CoC lost forever?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:11 pm
Have you asked the Insolvency Service directly, or are you relying on the online register? They may have archived records.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:33 pm
Why do you need it?
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:34 pm
Have you traced your IP - their firm might have gone but the IP has a duty to retain records for 6 years form closure so something would have had to happen to retain some records.

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-insolvency-practitioner
carey
by carey » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:08 am
Foggy wrote:
Have you asked the Insolvency Service directly, or are you relying on the online register? They may have archived records.

Ahh, I didn't think they'd have archived records. I shall get in touch with them and see if they can help. Thanks!
carey
by carey » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:13 am
Lisa Thomas wrote:
Have you traced your IP - their firm might have gone but the IP has a duty to retain records for 6 years form closure so something would have had to happen to retain some records.

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-insolvency-practitioner

I just want to keep all my records in order - I have pretty much everything else from my IVA except the most important thing - the CoC! I'm also paranoid that it'll come up if, for example, I ever applied for a mortgage and need proof it has been completed (I know it shouldn't happen, but still).

After some digging, I've found out that Synergi were taken over by ClearDebt, so I've reached out to them to see if they can help. I'm also going to look up the guy who was in charge of my IVA at Synergi, and I'm getting in touch with the Insolvency Service to see if they have archived records, thanks to Foggy's reply. Fingers crossed!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:45 am
I believe Cleardebt are now Aperture.
carey
by carey » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:27 pm
kallis3 wrote:
I believe Cleardebt are now Aperture.

Ah, thank you. I got in touch with Cleardebt and got an email back from someone with an Aperture email address, telling me that the person who will deal with my query is out of the office till Tuesday, so hopefully they'll be able to help
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”