Is my IVA really finished?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
18 posts Page 1 of 2

sam666

Post by sam666 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:59 pm
Is it really over got my certification of completion is it really over have I done it no more worry

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:14 pm
Well done -- you are out of the IVA, so that part is over .... now you have to look at recovery .... have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:16 pm
Brilliant! Well done.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

sam666

Post by sam666 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:26 pm
Thank you can’t believe it not more worry lots of lessons learned for the better they have advised to send the certificate to the agencies but how to do I remove the restriction from land registry can’t believe it I did it

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:30 pm
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:26 pmsam666 wrote:
Thank you can’t believe it not more worry lots of lessons learned for the better they have advised to send the certificate to the agencies but how to do I remove the restriction from land registry can’t believe it I did it
Ah -- are you with CF or Aperture ? You do not need to inform the agencies yourself, and, indeed, that agencies will not want to know. The IP has to inform the insolvency service and creditors, then the insolvency service and creditors report to the agencies. Your IP is also responsible for removing the restriction. Have a read of the document in the link I posted above.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

sam666

Post by sam666 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:38 pm
Hi I am with cf will they do it all then just want it all done so relieved :D

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:40 pm
They should do it all as Foggy says and do take a look at his link.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

sam666

Post by sam666 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:47 pm
Thank you I will just having a beer to celebrate I have learned so much and it a massive relief that it over I can’t loose my house or anything anymore even started a savings pot now cause I lived without that money for so long I feel I am a better person and this process has made me realise so much

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:30 pm
GmFoggy when we got our CC from CF last year they actually enclose a letter telling you to send a copy of CC to the agencies to be sure it is done!
No faith in their own processes clearly!

To the poster CF should send Cc to the agencies.
They did for me. They should also update land registry.

Register with credit check companies if not done ao already amd check the dates on your old accounts are all around fhe time you entered IVA. Thay way when 6 years is up they disappear.

We got a credit card with low limit and used it then paid it off. it helps build a history and aids recovery of credit score/history.

Then just sit back. Relax. Its done. All over. Lessons learnt. Congratulations!!!

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:36 pm
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:30 pmabbiesmum2003 wrote:
GmFoggy when we got our CC from CF last year they actually enclose a letter telling you to send a copy of CC to the agencies to be sure it is done!
Hi Abbiesmum --- yes, this is a recurring issue with CF. However, the agencies will not act on altering the entries reported by the Insolvency Service without notice from the Insolvency Service. I cannot recall any instance of completion not being duly reported to the IS by any other firm and the IS not reporting to the agencies.

CF seem to want to do everything differently to the long established and agreed procedures everyone else in the industry adheres to -- sometimes with alarming consequences.

sam666

Post by sam666 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:42 pm
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:30 pmabbiesmum2003 wrote:

To the poster CF should send Cc to the agencies.
They did for me. They should also update land registry.

Register with credit check companies if not done ao already amd check the dates on your old accounts are all around fhe time you entered IVA. Thay way when 6 years is up they disappear.

We got a credit card with low limit and used it then paid it off. it helps build a history and aids recovery of credit score/history.

Then just sit back. Relax. Its done. All over. Lessons learnt. Congratulations!!!
Hi did you get a credit card straight away I have read foggy link how did you check if the land registers was removed etc I am going through my credit file this weekend am so relieved it’s over no more stress well done to you x

recovering

Post by recovering » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:02 pm
I would check back in a few weeks to make sure CF have informed the Insolvency service- I waited 3 months and found that they had not!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:31 pm
Don't forget it can take up to 3 months!
Bob Marley.

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:59 pm
I habent checked its been removed.
Ive contacted CF few months after ending and they assured me it was done! But havent actually checked!

CF are a law unto themselves! Glad its over!

We managed to get a CC straight away. its with vanquis (we are hoping to change to a better rate card now credit score is excellent but its scary so holding fire).

Radish

Post by Radish » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:45 am
That is great to hear, well done and hope you enjoy your well earned beers when you celebrate.
IVA complete March 2014 after 6 years.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”