Is swift insolvency solutions a real company ? Are their requests normal procedure ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Deena
by Deena » Tue May 31, 2016 10:58 pm
I have been on the phone to swift insolvency solutions and at the end of the call he has asked me to send him via phone shot 30 days of bank statements passport and any letters I have from my creditors . Are they a real company and is this normal procedure . Help please

Shining
by Shining » Tue May 31, 2016 11:48 pm
Hi and welcome. I've not personally heard of swift insolvency solutions and hope that someone else has...

What they're asking for seems the norm. However, what I would suggest is you talk to 2 or 3 other companies before proceeding to ensure you're getting all important case specific advice and ensure you're happy with your chosen providor and don't proceed until you're confident it's for you.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:58 am
I've looked at their website and they seem to be ok and and their requests look ok as well as Lesley says.

I would rather send copies of the paperwork via snail mail though, especially if you have to pay to send messages on your mobile.

Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:25 am
Any requests for information from the IP Company should really be given to you in writing.

I agree if you decide to use them you should sent all information by recorded delivery post.

lifenoteasy
by lifenoteasy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:34 am
Find someone else - noone is "Licensed by the Information Commissioner's Office Under the Data Protection Act," as they state and if that reflects their understanding everything else will be risky.

From 2018 companies will not have to register with the Information Commissioner but companies above a certain size (250 people) will have to have a nominated data protection officer.

That individual will have to have demonstrable control and it will be a breach of the new legislation if they are side stepped.

Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:41 am
LNE is right - Swift are actually licensed by the Insolvency Practitioners Association (per a statement on their website) - so the wording on the front page that they are licensed by the DPA is incorrect but may just be an error with the wording as all IPs do have to have to be registered as data controls and have the necessary controls in place.

lifenoteasy
by lifenoteasy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:52 am
And applies even as a one man band.

Unless an ip wholly works through a single company they probably need to be registered independently.

If they work solely through a single company that has implications with HMRC and I'm not going down that route in terms of understanding what that means.

Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:23 pm
Every IP has to be licensed separately individually and have the necessary data controller in place.

I am not sure what you mean about HMRC LNE?

Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:50 pm
In a nutshell, HMRC apply different accounting requirements and allow different offsets according to the status of the taxpayer.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”