Is there a way I can find out who was included in a old IVA?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
GaynorP
by GaynorP » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:37 pm
Hi am new to the forum and wondering if anyone can help me. I’m 3 years into an IVA with Unity and I have had an email from them today saying that a company Max recovery has sent them a notice saying I’ve have an outstanding balance of £4985 with Natwest from 2012 and another £30,628 from another they are investigating i was in and IVA with an ex partner which finished in 2008 and natwest was part of this IVA is there a way I can find out who was in the original IVA back in 2008?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:15 pm
GaynorP wrote:
Hi am new to the forum and wondering if anyone can help me. I’m 3 years into an IVA with Unity and I have had an email from them today saying that a company Max recovery has sent them a notice saying I’ve have an outstanding balance of £4985 with Natwest from 2012 and another £30,628 from another they are investigating i was in and IVA with an ex partner which finished in 2008 and natwest was part of this IVA is there a way I can find out who was in the original IVA back in 2008?

It is unlikely that the former IP would still have records from a decade ago -- but worth an ask. Otherwise the Insolvency Service or your local court might have a copy, though I doubt it. Any chance you have a copy of the paperwork hiding in the loft or in an old email anywhere?
GaynorP
by GaynorP » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:40 pm
Thanks foryour reply i dont have any paperwork as i have moved since then and got rid of it aling with the partner in question. I may have emails i’ll check when i get home it has physically knocked me sick!
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:23 am
I suspect they would still have some records on their systems (especially if they have software know as IPS as when you close a case on it the records are still retained on the system).

In any event they have to keep a summary of the case for 10 years so may just have kept enough information to answer your query.
GaynorP
by GaynorP » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:56 am
Lisa Thomas wrote:
I suspect they would still have some records on their systems (especially if they have software know as IPS as when you close a case on it the records are still retained on the system).

In any event they have to keep a summary of the case for 10 years so may just have kept enough information to answer your query.

Thank you would i contact the court or insolvency register people?
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:16 pm
Contact your ex Insolvency practitioner/Supervisor.
GaynorP
by GaynorP » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:55 pm
Thank you i contacted them yesterday snd got emailed the information have now sent it onto Max Recovery stating both Natwest accounts were included in the IVA. They are ‘looking’ into it and will get back to me!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:14 pm
Fingers crossed it gets sorted now.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:52 pm
I gather that Max Recovery are usually quite fair and easy to deal with. Best of luck.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”