Is this allowed in a Trust Deed

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Buc08
by Buc08 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:24 am
Ok ,owed money by someone in trust deed. Refused to pay csa/Cms despite earning £70000+. Used trust deed to write off £35000 arrears. So far he has moved to bigger house ,not informed IP as address is still same in gazette so therefore has not provided new income and expenditure for different house., bought new car for around £3000 same month as trust deed started. Bought pedigree dog and had it done. Settled roughly £6000 tax bill for working abroad but did not include this in trust deed. Surely these things are a breach of his trust deed ?? As Cms are listed creditors the IP will only listen to them about any breach . Cms washed hands as soon as trust deed protected and now no one is bothered what he does? Any help?
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:28 pm
I know little about Trust Deeds as I believe they only relate to Scotland however my limited understanding is that the CSA payments will survive the TD so the debtor must continue to pay.

Have you passed your information over to the IP to investigate - I presume they should accept information about assets/breaches etc from any party, not just the capital creditor. Do you have proof you can give them to back up your allegations?

More info here:

http://www.debtadvicefoundation.org/que ... -all-debts
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:41 pm
As far as I am aware, CSA cannot be included and I imagine it applies to Scotland as well.
Buc08
by Buc08 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:17 pm
Unfortunately Scotland differs and loophole allows arrears to be included! ( why he did it)IP say they will only take information from Creditors even tho we are beneficiaries . Have proof of all plus false claims on expenditure, ie £170meals at work when he works offshore, all meals are included but no one seem to check anything once it goes through!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”