It’s never ending!!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
  • 1
  • 2
17 posts Page 1 of 2
User avatar
Bex12
Posts: 114
by Bex12 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:42 am
Morning all.

I have phoned CF to ask how the F&F meeting went on Friday to be advised it has been adjourned again for the 3rd time!!
I asked what my options were and was told the main creditor has rejected twice now I asked how another week is going to change there mind. He went off to speak to his senior and then came back with two options first one being just continue to make the monthly payment until the end or increase the offer from £1750 to £2266 as this is the full amount I have to pay before the end of my IVA but they would want it in writing from my husband and then it would be another 28days to send out to my creditors!! Any advice would be greatly received please :?
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73581
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:58 am
I really feel for you Bex! I can't advise as what you do is up to you. I can't remember how long you had to go but I can't see how making an offer of the full amount now will make a lot of difference. What I would say is that you insist any payments made now are taken off your final figure.
User avatar
abbiesmum2003
Posts: 719
by abbiesmum2003 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:20 am
So sorry youre going through this hun. The 'seniors' arent usually much more help than the minions and dont seem to understand their own terms, conditions or what the hell is going on.
I dont have much advice about getting things agreed but I do understand how frustrating this is. One adjournment after another without any clear reasons why or what the delay will achieve.
CF are notorious for doing this and just fob you off with excuses. We were adjourned 3-4 times before they actually admitted it was an issue with their paperwork process! Kept lying and telling me creditors hadnt voted.
Really feel for you. Sorry its not as straight forward as perhaps it should be.
User avatar
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Posts: 6938
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:19 pm
Did you offer include a clause that any contributions made whilst the decision is made would be deducted form the lump sum offer?
User avatar
bethany
Posts: 49
by bethany » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:15 pm
Oh Bex what a nightmare? Do you have to make payment whilst this is being sorted? is this calculation correct also? it seems a bit of a jump from what you've offered to what they're asking for xx
User avatar
Bex12
Posts: 114
by Bex12 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:15 pm
Thank you all for your replies.
I’ve had the chairman’s report but i don’t really understand it!
For what I can gather one creditor refused it but they was only one of the small ones of £1500 I thought it had to be one of the higher creditors to refuse?
After speaking to an advisor they said that paying the amount that it would be would be a better offer and likely to get excepted but the full amount wouldn’t make to much is a difference to the small creditor I wouldn’t of thought. It’s so stressful and frustrating :(
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73581
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:29 pm
Did the other creditors agree? As far as I am aware it should be 75% by value of those that voted, same as your original meeting. Could be wrong and I am sure someone will be along with other advice.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 27073
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:10 pm
As Kallis says, it is 75% (by debt value) of those who vote on the day --- so, even though this is a small creditor, if they are the only one who votes, or only a few small creditors bother to vote as well, they can carry the day ! What CF might have been trying to do by the adjournments was to gice time to try to get other creditors to vote to outgun the negative voter. When asked the whys and wherefors CF never seem to be able to give a straight (or, indeed, honest) answer, which is possibly down to the calibre of call handlers they employ, and / or their case progress recording practices.
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73581
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:00 pm
What did your other creditors say?
User avatar
Bex12
Posts: 114
by Bex12 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:53 pm
Looking at the report it only shows two that voted. One creditor said yes but the debt to them was under £1000 and the other one that said no was a debt over that amount!
I have now submitted another offer of £2266 the amount I was advised to submit by one of the CF advisors. I know have another 28 days to wait for an outcome :?
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73581
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:25 pm
I really do feel for you Bex.
User avatar
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Posts: 6938
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:07 pm
Interesting - I didn't think you were able to adjourn a variation meeting for more than 14 days.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 27073
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:51 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
Interesting - I didn't think you were able to adjourn a variation meeting for more than 14 days.


I get the feeling that this is no longer an adjournment, but that they are starting from scratch. Creditfix do seem to make life hard for themselves (and their client). This could have been ascertained at the first or second meeting and resolved at the time with a bit of honest communication from CF.
User avatar
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Posts: 6938
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:35 am
Oh dear!
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73581
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:04 am
Really bad and doing CF no good at all and really bad for Bex.
  • 1
  • 2
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kallis3 and 28 guests