IVA Accepted

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
rachel270
by rachel270 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:46 am
Hi Everyone
I had my creditors meeting today at 10.20. Just had a call from Stepchange to say that is was approved by 100% of the creditors that voted (only ones not to vote were NHS Dental and British Gas)
I had
Barclays (Loan and overdraft)
Barclaycard
Very
Currys
Aqua
Tesco Bank.
NHS
British Gas

The relief is unbelievable! so happy to finally be on this journey and living a semi normal life rather than hiding from calls

I have been on the forum so much in the last few months and have got some great ideas on budgeting etc.

thanks everyone :)
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:55 am
Well done, Rachel. You will soon settle into "IVA life" and learn habits that will see you well beyond. Remember, we are always here if you have any questions, moans, or simply want a shoulder.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:16 pm
Congratulations - great feeling isn't it?
rachel270
by rachel270 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:27 pm
thank you!

it is an amazing feeling, my hands were shaking when he called. I don't think I was expecting such a good result.

I'm sure i'll be on here in the following months for some more advice :)
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:31 pm
Congratulations Rachel, first steps to a debt free future. :D
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:01 pm
Thats great news. It will take a while to settle into a routine but it will happen ... budgeting begins now ... I used to withdraw cash and put into envelopes each month for food, fuel, dentist/clothes etc that way when it was gone it was gone .. if anything was left each month then i would put it into a pot for xmas or for a weekend away even if it were only a few £s ..they all add up
rachel270
by rachel270 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:22 am
luluj wrote:
Thats great news. It will take a while to settle into a routine but it will happen ... budgeting begins now ... I used to withdraw cash and put into envelopes each month for food, fuel, dentist/clothes etc that way when it was gone it was gone .. if anything was left each month then i would put it into a pot for xmas or for a weekend away even if it were only a few £s ..they all add up

That's what I have been thinking of doing, as I receive tax credits I was going to put that money in an envelope as that is what I use to live on for the week. It just seems odd that it has come to the end of a month and I still have money in my bank and money hidden away in cash (not a lot but it feels like I'm doing something wrong and shouldn't be able to do this)
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:10 pm
You're doing nothing wrong - we all tried to save something during our IVA's and every little helps.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”