IVA Accepted Today

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

SG70

Post by SG70 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:19 pm
I joined this forum back in January when I finally acknowledged I had a problem. Although I regularly read all posts, I havent posted myself for a long time as Ive continued to live in my world of 'denial' - you know the one whereby you deal with a problem and then put your head back in the sand until you really, really have to pull it back out! Well today I finally get my life back as my creditors meeting was at Noon and, aside from a few modifications, its been accepted.

Huge thanks to all at Melanie Giles office and to everyone on this forum - I bet there are thousands like me or who gain comfort from just reading and understanding that they are not alone. I kept thinking I should start a blog as I avidly read anything and everything I could about IVA's but most days (my denial days), I just couldnt bring myself to write anything as I was in such a deep, dark hole that everything I said or thought was so negative that I would probably have driven you all mad! Anyway, I know I have a difficult journey ahead but at least I know Im on the right road and am no longer that odd creature who was wandering aimlessly through life wondering when the hell would end.

Many thanks to you all.

Nicky

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:38 pm
Congratulations on being accepted and another great result for Mel and her team.

Do start a blog. Most of us find them very therapeutic to tell all.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Charlietill

Post by Charlietill » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:45 pm
Hi Nicky,

Now you can start living and stop worrying how you are going to juggle your finances to manage to pay everyone this month. Good luck and keep in touch x
Mim

jtomo64

Post by jtomo64 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:13 pm
Great news for you. Congratulations.

rayb

Post by rayb » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:19 pm
Congratulations Nicky

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:22 pm
Congrats SG70, must be a great feeling...Enjoy it and look forward to rebuilding your life and planning for the future...Just think, a nice holiday in five years or so[;)]
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:48 pm
Congratulation and I hope your IVA runs smoothly with you. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”