Iva after 6 years

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Chesterkate

Post by Chesterkate » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:00 pm
Will the IVA drop off my credit file/report immediately once the 6 years has passed?
We have reserved a shared ownership property and our broker got us a mortgage but it was declined as 2 brokers submitted differing figures by accident when we were panicking and trying to find a mortgage. We have been told by our broker that once the IVA is off my records we can approach Other lenders. This will be on 15/01/2021.
My question is will the Iva disappear leaving us free to apply to other lenders. Luckily the housing association has said they’ll hold the property until this date to give us a chance to sort an alternative mortgage out. I’m just so anxious that it will still show up.
Any advice would be great
Thanks
Katie

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:56 pm
I would suggest a chat wih one, or both, of the whole of market brokers who post on here: Ryan and Shaun. Both are experienced in dealing with us ex-IVA'ers and adverse credit and have, between them, placed many mortgages. Their contact details can be gleaned from their profile pages here:

Ryan: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18488
Shaun: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22837
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:13 am
Talk to those mentioned by Foggy - hopefully they will be able to help on this.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:06 am
Hi Chesterkate

You do need to be careful now, as this will be the 3rd Credit check done on you, so there is every possibility you could fail it anyway.
It could also be logged on the Hunter system, as there are differing figures being submitted.
Make sure the broker you are now dealing with has lots of experience in dealing with clients who have IVA's, as most of them just dabble and are not experts in this.

Best of luck, hope it all works out, if not i would be pleased to help
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”